1888 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94903 415.609.4009 email@example.com
- The RealReal, Fashion Copywriter, January 2018-Present
- Blissful Style, Fashion Blogger, December 2014-Present Cover fashion brands, news and events. Conduct trend forecasting research. Create digital mood boards. Invited to the Yuna Yang F/W 2017 show at New York Fashion Week. Other clients: Farfetch, No Such Agency, T. Tandon NY, Wellington & Cromwell, and Laura Ciccarello Collection. Contributed to pop culture websites bold.global and outloudculture.com.
- Sunglass Hut, Sales Consultant, May 2017 – October 2017 Help customers find the perfect sunglasses for them at the highest-volume Luxottica retail location in the world, Sunglass Hut Times Square. Curate the shopping experience for each customer with style advice and product knowledge. Meet daily sales goals and increase store profit with suggestive selling techniques.
- Nordstrom, Stylist Assistant and Sales Support, Jun 2014-Aug 2014, Dec 2014-Jan 2015, Dec 2016-Jan 2017 Worked with personal stylist to sell premium, contemporary, and designer product to clients on an appointment basis. Expedited stylist workflow by locating items ordered, processing transactions and refunds, logging customer holds, and coordinating with the alterations department and mail room. Updated tagging and visual merchandising for markdowns. Maintained stockrooms for six departments to facilitate reticketing and RTVs. Maintained fitting rooms.
- Michael Kors, Sales Intern, February 2016 – May 2016 Prepared quarterly product knowledge presentation and merchandise guides for major accounts. Assisted with trunk shows and Market Week presentations to buyers. Updated sales reports, managed samples, and organized showroom. Assembled product boards. Compiled product improvement notes for production team.
- DKNY, Buying Intern, September 2015 – November 2015 Prepared quarterly buy book with Excel by compiling images of all styles booked. Conducted trend research and competitive shopping to present findings to Buying and Merchandising teams. Photographed and managed samples and organized showroom. Studied KPIs like unit sales, dollar sales, build, sell-through, and margins for weekly sales recap meetings.
- Magnificent Baby, Marketing and Public Relations Intern, March 2015 – August 2015 Managed social media channels, actively updating accounts to engage and inform users. Served as point person for charity partnerships. Performed marketing analysis using Google Analytics and made strategic recommendations based on findings. Enhanced company website with product suggestions and lifestyle photos, boosting sales. Provided support at trade shows, selling product and communicating with customers, buyers, and press. Responded to online customer feedback.
- Forever 21, Sales Associate, February 2011-July 2012, June 2013-August 2013 Maintained Accessories department and conducted annual inventory. Assisted visual merchandisers with displays.
- Image for Success, Volunteer (high school), April 2008-September 2011 Met with donors and facilitated the intake process for nonprofit organization that outfits people reentering the workforce. First point of contact for new donations in stockroom; steamed, sized, priced, sorted, and approved new product based on store quality assurance standards. Created jewelry and mannequin displays. Assisted personal shoppers and clients.
New York University, B.A. in Sociology (36 credits) with a Marketing minor (30 credits), September 2012-May 2016
- Related coursework: Retail Management and Merchandising, Dynamics of the Fashion Industry, Consumer Behavior, Brand Strategy, Statistics for Business Control, Regression and Forecasting Models, Digital Marketing, Social Media Strategy
- NYU Fashion Business Association (FBA), September 2014 – May 2016 Served on PR and Social Media Committee. Contacted brands to secure sponsorships for annual student-run fashion show. Utilized guerrilla marketing and social media to draw guests to the show. Worked on event production team.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
- AIMSweb, Easyshop, Excel, Fashion GPS, Google Analytics, HootSuite, HTML, Joor, Photoshop, Sprinklr, Stata, WordPress
- Trend forecasting, blogging, fashion sketching and sewing, collage art (print and digital), poetry and songwriting, statistics